FAQs about the Best For Pet program.
Is BEST FOR PET like insurance?
- No, pet insurance was created for sick or injured animals. BEST FOR PET is an annual membership that was designed by vets and pet lovers to include preventative health care services in one simple and affordable package.
How is my membership paid?
- Your membership is paid via direct debit or upfront to your local Best For Pet clinic. Simply provide your credit card or bank account details. For more information, please refer to the BEST FOR PET brochure.
Can I use my BEST FOR PET membership at other vet clinics?
- Yes, your membership is valid at all NVC LTD clinics. Be sure to check the clinic locations at https://bestforpet.co.nz/our-clinics/ if you are planning a holiday or moving.
How do I cancel my membership?
- You may cancel your membership at anytime, please see our Terms and Conditions to determine if there will be a cancellation fee and how this is calculated. Simply notify NVC Ltd in writing of your intentions to cancel.
Can I get a discount for additional pets?
Yes, additional pets receive over 10% discount off the price of their annual membership.
If my pet lives with someone else, can the membership transfer?
- Only memberships paid upfront can transfer between owners. Unfortunately, due to direct debit agreements, memberships cannot be transferred when this is the payment method.
Can I transfer the membership to another pet?
- No, the membership is tailored to each pet and cannot be transferred.
What if my pet passes away?
- You may terminate the membership and may be eligible for an adjustment to any remaining fees.
How long is the waiting period to join?
- There is no waiting period to join – you can start receiving the benefits of BEST FOR PET today.
My pet received their vaccinations today. Can I use the cost of that towards the annual fee?
- Yes, you may use the cost of today’s vaccinations as part of the annual fee.
How many free consultations or revisits can I have with the vet or vet nurse?
- As a BEST FOR PET member you can have as many consults and revisits as you like!