- Best for Pet is an annual preventative wellness program for pets brought to You by VetPartners New Zealand Operations Limited (“VP”).
- The program allows Members access to select veterinary services on an annual basis at participating veterinary clinics.
- The program is designed to be preventative care to help keep pets healthy, it is not an insurance program or a substitute for pet insurance.
- Not all veterinary services are covered by the program and You are responsible to confirm the services that are part of the program with your participating veterinary clinic prior to joining the program.
- By joining the Best for Pet program, Members agree to be bound by these terms and conditions as between VP, the Member and the participating veterinary clinic.
- Members can only be registered with one participating veterinary clinic. Members may, from time to time, use their benefits at other participating veterinary clinics, if they are travelling or are unable to find an appointment at the participating veterinary clinic at which they are registered, subject to the other clinic’s availability of services and appointments.
- Members can contact their participating veterinary clinic, the Best for Pet support team ([email protected]) or seek your own independent advice about these terms and conditions.
- Members (in these terms and conditions includes where applicable “Member” or “You”) sign up to the program for 12 month periods, which will automatically renew for further consecutive 12 month periods unless membership is terminated by the Member or VP in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Members can only register their own dog or cat; the program is not available to other pets (for example rabbits).
- An annual membership is limited to the pet nominated by the Member.
- Members must have a separate membership per pet. The second and each subsequent pet registered to the same owner in the program will receive a 10% discount off the annual membership fee.
- VP will remind a Member at least 30 days before the end of any 12 month period that their membership is due to renew by sending a notification to the member’s registered email address.
- Members are solely responsible for checking the terms of their membership and their registered email address and must ensure that they update their participating veterinary clinic of any changes to their contact details, including their email address and phone number.
- VP will not be liable for any delay or disruption in communication due to incorrect or outdated Member contact details.
- Unless the Member notifies their participating veterinary clinic at least 20 days before the end of any 12 month period of membership that the Member does not wish to renew, their membership will automatically renew for another 12 months.
ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP FEES
- The annual membership fees are as specified from time to time on our website and will be reviewed annually.
- Notwithstanding clause 15, the Member’s annual membership fee will remain fixed for any 12 month period and will only increase if the Member’s annual membership is renewed in accordance with these terms and conditions. For example if You joined on 1 June your fee will remain the same until 31 May of the following year and will only increase to the new fee from 1 June of the Member’s new annual membership term.
- Members who sign up to the direct debit option, must pay their annual membership fee through 12 equal monthly instalments. Payment must be made by direct debit authority from the Member’s nominated bank account or credit card.
- Members may also choose to pay the full annual membership fee upfront. Such Members must sign up and pay the full annual membership fee in person at their participating veterinary clinic.
- Any dishonoured direct debit will incur a $10 dishonour fee which is payable at the next direct debit drawing, which the Member acknowledges and agrees is a reasonable initial pre-estimate of the costs to be incurred by VP or its agents in connection with that default.
- Participating veterinary clinics and/or VP may engage third party providers to assist with administration of the Best for Pet program, including facilitation of the payment of membership fees and/or the tracking of Member benefits, and Members will be responsible for compliance with the terms of any such third party payment services provider.
- If a Member fails to pay an instalment of their annual membership fee, the participating veterinary clinic may, directly or through a third party provider, recover (at the member’s cost) any outstanding membership fee, including any administrative, service, or legal fees, and applicable interest associated with the outstanding membership fee or the recovery process.
- Members will be advised by VP sending a notification to the Member’s registered email address of any change in the membership fee, which will apply from the next anniversary of their membership unless the Member notifies their participating veterinary clinic not to renew their membership at least 20 days before the end of the then current membership period.
- Memberships are for a 12 month period and a Member may choose not to renew their membership by sending an email to their participating veterinary clinic or the Best for Pet support team at [email protected] at least 20 days before expiry of the current membership period.
- A Member wishing to cancel within their 12 month period should contact their participating veterinary clinic or the Best for Pet support team at [email protected] to discuss cancellation. Members may incur additional monthly membership instalments after notifying cancellation however any additional instalment(s) processed will be incorporated into the reconciliation and/or refund calculation applicable to the cancellation.
- Members may cancel their membership at any time without penalty if their pet has passed away. Otherwise, Members that cancel within their 12 month membership period may be required to pay (whichever is less):
- (Saved minus Paid): in respect of the current membership period, the difference between the amount the Member has saved on services received through their membership and the total membership fees paid to date; or
- (Remaining membership fees): the remaining amount of membership fees due for the current 12 month membership period.
- In addition to the amount due under clause 26, the Member must pay a cancellation fee of $20.00, which the Member acknowledges and agrees is a reasonable initial pre-estimate of the administrative costs to be incurred by VP or its agents in connection with the cancellation.
- Any amount owing by the Member under clauses 25 and 26 must be paid by direct debit or by payment to the Member’s participating veterinary clinic prior to the cancellation becoming effective.
- If the amount owing by the Member under clauses 25 and 26 is not received in accordance with clause 27, cancellation will not occur and the Member will continue to incur liability for regularly scheduled payments.
- If the Member has paid their membership fees upfront, Members will not receive a refund of any upfront membership fees if they cancel their membership within their 12 month membership period and VP may set-off any amount owing by the Member to VP against any refund applicable under clause 25.
- Subject to the specific benefits and services offered at a Member’s participating veterinary clinic, Members may enjoy the following benefits and services at their participating veterinary clinic in each 12-month membership period:
- All routine core and recommended annual vaccinations as prescribed by the treating veterinarian at the clinic, including core canine and feline vaccinations, annual boosters for infectious canine cough (i.e. kennel cough), leptospirosis (where prevalent in the Member’s local area) and FIV vaccinations. Non-routine vaccinations or vaccinations for exotic or emerging disease conditions are not included in the program.
- Unlimited veterinarian and veterinary nurse consultations, provided that an appointment has been made with the clinic during normal clinic hours, up to a maximum of 20 minutes and subject to fair use as set out below. Consultations performed without an appointment, or outside of normal clinic hours, including weekends and/or public holidays, house calls, veterinary specialists or behaviour consultations, or which exceed 20 minutes are not included in the program and additional charges may apply. Consultations may be performed by a veterinary nurse or veterinarian at the discretion of the participating veterinary clinic.
- One (1) preventative health care screen, including a preventative blood and urine test. These tests are preventative in nature for the purposes of identifying potential illness or management of conditions. Additional charges may apply if comprehensive testing or diagnostic work is required.
- One (1) microchip, only if required. A microchip will not be required if your pet currently has one.
- Up to $250 off one (1) dental procedure annually. This discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion, including the 10% discount on professional veterinary services below.
- 10% discount on professional veterinary services available at the Member’s participating veterinary clinic, which may include surgery, anaesthetic, sedation, radiology (imaging) and cytology services. This does not include any specialist or referral services.
- 10% discount on parasite prevention, pet food and retail products purchased at the clinic during the membership period.
- Two (2) nights of standard cat boarding (if available at the participating veterinary clinic and subject to booking availability) twice per membership year.
- Four (4) nail trims for cats or dogs provided that no sedation is required. This may be performed by a veterinary nurse or veterinarian at the clinic.
- Four (4) ‘do it yourself’ hydro baths (if available at the participating veterinary clinic).
- All membership benefits and services may not be available at all participating veterinary clinics and it is up to the Member to confirm with the participating veterinary clinic prior to joining the program which benefits and services are available).
- All membership benefits and services will be subject to the professional recommendation of the treating veterinarian at the clinic and availability.
- Membership benefits are subject to change and equivalent substitutions at VP and/or the participating veterinary clinic’s reasonable discretion.
- Membership benefits and discounts are not to be used in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be exchanged or redeemed for cash or other consideration.
- Membership benefits may be redeemed within the membership period only and expire at the end of each 12-month membership period or on termination for any reason and do not accumulate.
- Any additional goods, services, consultations and/or treatments not covered by the program (including any additional consultation hours, diagnostic work and medications) will be payable at the participating veterinary clinic’s standard current fee schedule.
FAIR USE AND MEMBER CONDUCT
- The on-going provision of membership benefits and services is subject to a Member’s compliance with the following fair use and conduct terms.
- Participating veterinary clinics may exclude some or all of the membership benefits and services to Members on the basis of unreasonable use, as determined by the participating veterinary clinic at its reasonable discretion, by notifying the Member of such use in writing. If such unreasonable usage continues, the participating veterinary clinic may exclude membership benefits and services or terminate the membership.
- Members must at all times in connection with the Best for Pet program conduct themselves in a safe, lawful, honest, respectful, and appropriate manner. Abuse, harassment, threatening behaviour, and other misconduct in respect of veterinary clinic staff, customers, patients, or other person or animal in connection with the Best for Pet program will not be tolerated.
- VP reserves the right to immediately suspend or terminate a Member’s membership at any time if, in its reasonable discretion, VP suspects or determines that a member has breached the conduct terms set out in clauses 38 or 39.
- Members must comply with these terms and conditions at all times during any membership period.
- In addition to any other rights under these terms and conditions, if a Member breaches these terms and conditions then VP may notify the Member of such breach in writing. If the breach is not remedied in the timeframe required by VP (acting reasonably), then VP may terminate the membership and recover any outstanding membership instalment(s) owing as a result of the termination, including any costs associated with debt collection (Debt). A Member will not be permitted to re-join the program until the Debt has been paid in full.
- VP will not be liable for any loss, cost, damage, expense, or claim arising from any failure, default, or delay in the supply of services or the membership benefits to Members if, and during the period in which, such failure, default, or delay is caused by events (such as, but not including, Covid 19) or circumstances beyond VP’s reasonable control . If such circumstances occur, VP may elect to suspend all or part of the supply of services or benefits to Members or terminate the Best for Pet membership program on notice to Members and, if terminated, VP will provide a refund of any prepaid membership fees on such basis as is determined by VP (acting reasonably).
- VP does not warrant that the Best for Pet program or any of the membership benefits will be available to Members at any particular time or on an ongoing basis.
- Subject to compliance with applicable law, VP may elect to discontinue the Best for Pet program at any time on notice to Members and, in such circumstance, VP will provide a refund of any prepaid membership fees on such basis as is determined by VP (acting reasonably).
- The Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (“CGA”), the Fair Trading Act 1986 (“FTA”), and other statutes contain warranties, guarantees and conditions which cannot be excluded by law.
- For further information on a Member’s rights and remedies under the CGA and FTA please visit consumerprotection.govt.nz.
- VP will provide the warranties and guarantees which You are entitled to by law but excludes all other warranties, guarantees and conditions whether express or implied by statute, common law, equity or otherwise where it is legally able to exclude them.
- If the Member acquires benefits or services for business purposes, the CGA does not apply and the parties agree that sections 9 (relating to misleading conduct in relation to goods), 12A (unsubstantiated representations) and 13 (false or misleading representations) of the FTA do not apply.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to contract out of the provisions of the CGA or FTA, except to the extent permitted by those Acts.
- Each party’s total liability to the other (whether in contract, tort (including negligence), or otherwise for any claim arising from membership of the program and/or the supply of the benefits or services shall not exceed the price paid by the Member for the program in the 12 months prior to the claim VP provides the program via participating veterinary clinics and any right, benefit, exclusion or limitation of liability in these terms and conditions for VP also applies for the benefit of each of the participating veterinary clinics in accordance with Subpart 1 of Part 2 of the Contract and Commercial Law Act 2017.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws in force in New Zealand.
- You irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand and any courts which may hear appeals from those courts.
- Invalidity of any provisions in these terms and conditions does not affect any other provisions.
- Any delay or failure by VP to enforce any rights under these terms and conditions does not constitute waiver.
- VP may from time to time make changes to these terms and conditions and VP will bring those changes to a Member’s attention by sending a notification to the Member’s registered email address.
- A Member’s continued use of the membership benefits after a change to the terms and conditions has been notified to that Member means that You have accepted any changes VP has made (subject to the Member’s cancellation right above).
- You are responsible for ensuring that the contact details VP has for You are correct and up to date.