What to do if your pet shows signs of an allergy
If you notice any signs your pet has an allergy, book an appointment to see your vet. They’ll ask you about your pet’s health history and perform an examination. They may also conduct diagnostic tests to determine the cause of the allergic reaction and recommend treatment. They may prescribe medications or recommend prescription food or shampoo.
Managing your pet’s allergies
In addition to following your vet’s prescribed treatment, you can take the following steps to help manage your pet’s allergies and prevent symptoms from worsening:
- Consider using an air purifier in the room where your pet spends most of their time.
- Regularly vacuum the rooms your pet frequents and dispose of the vacuum contents straight away.
- Brush your pet regularly to remove foreign contaminants and loose fur.
- Keep your pet’s bedding clean and change it regularly.
- Be mindful of your pet’s bathing frequency and the products you use.
If you have any questions or concerns about your pet’s health, don’t hesitate to contact your vet. They’re the best source of advice and guidance regarding your pet’s health.